Code of Conduct:
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Principal.
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Teachers.
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Students.
- Hand Books on Human Values and Professional Ethics
- Report on the student attributes facilitated by the Institution
Statute 414. Responsibilities of the Principal:
Subject to the supervision and general control of the Principal as an administrative and academic head of the College shall be responsible for:
- Academic growth of the College.
- Participation in the teaching work, research, and training programmes of the College.
- Assisting in planning and implementation of academic programmes such as orientation courses, seminars, in service and other training programmes organized by the College, for academic competence of the Faculty Members.
- Admission of students and maintenance of discipline of the college.
- Management of College Libraries, Gymkhana and Hostels, if any.
- Receipts, expenditures and maintenance of accounts and submission of quarterly statement of accounts to the Management and to the Local Managing Committee.
- Observance of provisions of Accounts Code.
- Correspondence relating to the administration of the College.
- Administration and supervision of curricular, co-curricular / extra-curricular or extra-mural activities, and welfare of the College, maintenance of records.
- Observance of the Act, Statutes, Ordinances, Regulations, Rules and other Orders issued there under from time to time.
- Supervision of College and University Examinations, setting of question papers, for the College and University Examinations, moderation and assessment of answer papers and such other work pertaining to the Examinations as assigned.
- Assessing reports of teachers and maintenance of Service Books.
- Any other work relating to the College as may be assigned to him by the Competent Authority from time to time.
- Assessing reports of members of the non-teaching staff, maintenance of their Service Books ad looking after the general welfare of the non-teaching staff.
- Observance and implementation of directives issued by Government, authorities’ viz. Director of Education /Higher Education /University and other concerned authorities.
- Safe-guard the interests of teachers /non-teaching staff members and the Management.
- Timely submission of information/returns to different authorities viz. Government /University Grants Commission/ Management etc. especially regarding Accounts matters.
Code of Professional Ethics for and College Teachers Preamble.
Goal of Higher Education in our Country:
The basic purpose of education is to create skill and knowledge and awareness of our glorious national heritage and the achievements of human civilization, possessing a basic scientific outlook and commitment to the ideals of patriotism, democracy, secularism and peace, and the principles enunciated in the Preamble to our constitution.
Higher education has to produce leaders of society and economy in all areas of manifold activities with a commitment to the aforesaid ideals.
Higher education should strive for academic excellence, and progress of arts and science. Education, research and extension should be conducted in conformity with our national needs and priorities and ensure that our best talents make befitting contributions to international endeavor on societal needs.
Teachers and their Rights:
Teachers should enjoy full civic and political rights of our democratic country. Teachers have a right to adequate emoluments, social position, just conditions of service professional independence and adequate social insurance.
The Code of Professional Ethics:
Teachers and Their Responsibilities:
Whoever adopts teaching as a profession assumes the obligation to conduct himself in accordance with the ideals of the profession. A teacher is constantly under the scrutiny of his students and the society at large. Therefore, every teacher should see that there is no incompatibility between his precepts and practice. The national ideals of education which have already been set forth and which he/she should seek to inculcate among students must be his/her own ideals. The profession further requires that the teachers should be calm, patient and communicative by temperament and amiable in disposition.
- adhere to responsible pattern of conduct and demeanor expected of them by the community;
- manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession;
- seek to make professional growth continues through study and research;
- express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars, conference etc. towards the contribution of knowledge;
- maintain active membership of professional organizations and strive to improve education and profession through them;
- perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorial, practical and seminar work consciously and with dedication;
- co-operate and assist in carrying out functions relating to the educational responsibilities of the college and the university such as assisting in appraising applications for admission, advising and counseling students as well as assisting in the conduct of university and college examinations, including supervision, invigilation and evaluation; and
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including community service.
Teachers and the Students:
- Respect the right and dignity of the student in expressing his/her opinion;
- deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, political, economic, social and physical characteristics;
- Recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet their individual needs;
- Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their attainments, develop their personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare;
- Inculcate among students scientific outlook and respect for physical labor and ideals of democracy, patriotism and peace;
- Be affectionate to the students and not to behave in a vindictive manner towards and of them for any reason;
- Pay attention to only the attainment of the student in the assessment of merit;
- Make themselves available to the students even beyond their class hours and help and guide students without any remuneration or reward;
- Aid students to develop a understanding of our national heritage and national goals, and;
- Refrain from inciting students against other students, colleagues or administration;
Teachers and Colleges:
- treat other members of the profession in the same manner as they themselves wish to be treated;
- speak respectfully of other teachers and render assistance for professional betterment;
- refrain from lodging unsubstantiated allegations against colleagues to higher authorities;
- Refrain from allowing considerations of caste, creed, religion, race or sex in their professional endeavor.
- discharge their professional responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere to procedures and methods consistent with their profession in initiating steps through their own institutional bodies and/or professional organizations for change of any such rule determental to the professional interest;
- refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with their professional responsibilities;
- co-operate in the formulation of policies of the institution by accepting various offices and discharge responsibilities which such offices may demand;
- co-operate through their organizations in the formulation of policies of the other institutions and accept offices;
- co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the institutions keeping in view the interest and in conformity with dignity of the profession
- should adhere to the conditions of contract;
- give and expect due notice before a change of position is made and;
- Refrain from availing themselves of leave except on unavoidable grounds
as far as practicable with prior intimation, keeping in view their particular
responsibility for completion of academic schedule.
Teachers and Non-Teaching staff:
- Teachers should treat the non-teaching staff as colleagues and equal partners in a co-operative undertaking, within every educational institution;
- Teachers should help in the function of joint staff-councils covering both teachers and non-teaching staff.
Teachers and Guardians:
Try to see through teacher’s bodies and organizations that institutions maintain contact with the guardians of their students, send reports of their performance to the guardians whenever necessary and meet the guardians in meetings convened for the purpose for mutual exchange of ideas and for the benefit of the institution.
Teachers and Society:
- recognize that education is a public service and strive to keep the public informed of the educational programmes which are being provided;
- work to improve education in the community and strengthen the community’s moral and intellectual life;
- be aware of social problems and take part in such activities as would be conducive to the progress of society and hence the country as a whole;
- perform the duties of citizenship, participate in community activities and shoulder responsibilities of public offices;
- refrain from taking part in or subscribing to or assisting in any way activities which tend to promote feeling of hatred or enmity among different communities, religions or linguistic groups but actively work for National Integration.
1) Self-discipline is the best discipline. All the students are expected to obey
2) Students are prohibited from doing anything inside or outside the college
premises that will interfere with its public image. No outside influence,
political or any other, should be brought into the college, directly or indirectly.
3) Students resorting to unfair means at the exams will be dealt with in
accordance with the provisions of the Government of Maharashtra Act. No.
XXXI of 1982 and Maharashtra Universities Act. 1984, rules and regulations
currently forced to enable smooth working of the college.
CODE OF CONDUCT –
- Every student will have to submit her own 2x2 cm size two photographs for Identity card in the library within 8 days after the admission. Student should always carry their valid college Identity card in college or representing the college at other places, Further it should be produced whenever demanded by anyone of the college staff.
- During the conduct of lectures students should not loiter in and around the college premises.
- The college does not enforce any dress code. However, all students are expected to observe decorum with regard to both clothing and behavior.
- While representing the college at any other place the student’s behavior should not be detrimental to the image of the college.
- In case of any problem (personal or academic) students should report to the Principal or their faculty member.
- Students are directed not to bring outsider to the college premises.
- Students should not collect any funds from other students or from outside without the written permission of the principal.
- Students shall not organize picnic, excursions trips etc. on their own without prior written permission of the principal.
- The powers relating to the disciplinary action in the college will rest with the principal and his decision in this respect will be final and binding. Anyone who violates the code of conduct will be severely dealt with.
- The act of taking common off will be treated as a cognizable offense.
- Students should be cautious about not causing any damage to the college
property. Any such attempt will be severely punished.
- Every student of the college should appear for the internal examination
conducted by the college.
- Use of cell phone mobile is strictly prohibited in the college cam
- Student will be admitted only after considering their past years behavior/conduct. Students who violate disciplinary rules of the college will not be given admission or their prior admission will be cancelled.
- All the activities conducted for improving educational standard will be compulsory for all the students.
- If the students remain absent for functions/activities conducted in the college. The right regarding punishment will rest with the principal.
- Ragging prohibited –Government of Maharashtra has notified Ragging as a cognizable offence. Anyone reported to be involved in any form of ragging will be severely dealt with. Therefore students are required from indulging in any form of ragging.
Report on the student attributes facilitated by the institution:
The institution motivates students to unfold their qualities and hidden potentials by organizing various activities. The co-curricular and extra-curricular activities like: Cultural, NSS, Literacy Association, Sports, Vivek Vahini etc.
Cultural committee organizes different activities like: Elocution and Debate competition, Essay, Handy-craft, Rangoli competition on the occasions like: Padmabhushan Dr. Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil birth anniversary. The institution also organizes cultural activities on the day of Annual Prize Distribution Programme. The patriotic songs singing program organizes every year on 15th August, the Independence Day and 26th January, the Republic Day.
National Service Scheme (NSS) inculcates dignity for labour among the students by organizing seven days NSS camp, focusing the activities like: Village Cleanness Campaign, awareness of Building Toilets among the citizens, Health Awareness Programme, Rain Water Harvesting, constructions of Road, etc. NSS also organizes the activities like: Street-Plays, Rallies, Marches, Speeches to create social awareness among the students and the citizens. Karmaveer Vidhya Prabodhini guides the students to develop their competitive spirit to face competitive examinations. Research committee helps and guides students to make research projects and to participate in Avishkar Research Competition.
Literary Association encourages students to read and write creative literature. This association publishes wall papers. The departments organize literary activities like: Poetry recitation competition, Elocution competition, etc. English Department publishes “Tejaswini” wall paper on the occasion of Savitribai Phule Birth Anniversary. Hindi Department celebrates “Hindi Day” on 14th September to respect National language like Hindi.
Vivek vahini inculcates scientific and rational outlook among the students by organizing different activities, like a speech on “Society and Superstitions” by Mr. Dadaram Salunkhe on 7 Feb. 2017
The Department of Sports encourages students to participate in sports like: Boxing, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho. “Yoga Day” was celebrated on 21st June by practicing Yoga activities every year.
The institute supports, encourages and guides students to unfold their hidden potentials by organizing various activities. It inculcates human values, social awareness and social responsibilities among the students.