Department of Marathi
Department of Marathi was established in June 1989. Marathi is a compulsory subject for B.A.I. Also the department offers specialization in this subject. Marathi language being the mother tongue of Maharashtra and the language having rich literary wealth, the department not only gives knowledge of mother tongue but also opens a great literary treasure for the students. Presently two faculty members are working in the department –Prof. Nirmale Suhas, the Head of the Department and an Associate Professor is a creative writer. He has been awarded Asmitadarsh Utkrushta Wangmay Nirmiti Puraskaar for his poetry collection Nile Paani.
Another faculty member is Dr. Patil Tanaji, an Associate Professor. He has done his Ph. D. on Dhangari Owi Gitancha Chikitsak Abhyas and has published his research articles in various journals.
Mr.Suhas Nirmale (M.A. , D.H.E.) Head , Dr. Tanaji Patil ( M.A., M.Phil, Ph.D.)
Aims and Objectives
- To give knowledge of Marathi language and literature
- To create pride for Marathi language and culture
- To enable the students to do jobs as editors of magazine, newspaper reporters , proofreading etc.
- To develop various skills in the students by running the courses like- Journalism, Marathi shorthand, proof reading etc.
- To assist the students to appreciate the literary works and become creative writers.
- 'Aksharaban' wall paper
- 'Sravan Sari" Poetry recitation competition
- Elocution, Quiz, essay competitions
- Seminar for students
- Educational tour
- Particiapation in Lead College Programme
- Marathi Sundar Hand writing (handwriting) Competition
- Marathi Swakshari (Signature) competition
- Karmveer Wachak (Reader) Parishad